WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. ANY AVAILABLE SPOTS WILL BE FILLED AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE AND IN THE ORDER THE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED.
After an application is submitted, we will contact you for an interview. DO NOT show up for a meeting expecting to be interviewed until you have received an interview date from MSA. Interviews are held only when there are membership openings.
Membership is $250 per calendar year. Dues are not prorated throughout the year. In addition to the yearly dues, all new members are required to pay a one-time initiation fee of $250 which is due at the perspective member's interview with the executive board. Please note that in addition to dues and initiation, the club will collect from the perspective member the additional 10% dues tax charged by the state of Connecticut. This applies to all dues, initiation fees, and assessments.
MEMBERSHIP HAS ITS BENEFITS
All members are given full use of the club and it's property.
No tiered memberships - all new members have voting privileges on all club matters.
Private land hunting and fishing is available.
Member's family are allowed to use the club at no additional cost as long as a club member is present.
The following requirements are necessary for all club members:
1. Payment of all dues associated with membership.
2. Attend a minimum of 4 meetings throughout the year. Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month.
3. Perform 10 club work hours in the course of the year.
4. Be an active member on at least one club committee.
5. Possess either an active Connecticut Pistol Permit, Pistol Eligibility Certificate, Long Gun Eligibility Certificate, or a state issued ammunition certificate. Membership may be granted in the absence of either permit assuming the new member submits to and pays for a background check.
1. Download and completely fill out the above application.
2. Submit application. Applications can be submitted to a member, who then has the responsibility to get it to the board, or they can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Attend an interview with the Executive Board. Do not "show up" at a board meeting expecting to be interviewed. We interview when we have openings. The board will contact you with a date when we are scheduling interviews.
4. Upon acceptance, enjoy all the benefits of the club!
If you are interested in learning more about the club and membership prior to applying, you are encouraged to join us at any of our public events - whether weekly public skeet, league matches, firearms courses, dinners and picnics, etc.
The Manchester Sportsmen's Association does not discriminate against race, ethnicity, gender, or religion.